Nebojsa Zimonjic, MS, LCPC
My name is Nebojsa Zimonjic (pronounced Neboysha Zeemonyich) or, Zima, for short. I enjoy working with all age groups: adults, young adults, elderly, children, adolescents, as well as with families and couples.
I am trained to adapt myself to a person’s individual needs, developmental level, and pace. I consider myself an eclectic clinician, predominantly practicing Rogerian, a person-centered approach incorporating humor and accurate empathy. I collaborate well with other treating professionals to provide suitable support to a client under my care.
I am a dedicated professional who will apply knowledge and passion to meet your needs while utilizing evidence-based treatment approaches.
I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in the State of Maryland with years of clinical experience providing evaluation and treatment for children, adults, and families. I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) and a Master of Science in Counseling Psychology from Frostburg State University. I also hold two Master of Science program certifications in Substance Abuse and Addictions and Child and Family Counseling. The majority of my career has been spent working for an Outpatient Mental Health Clinic in Cumberland, MD and Annapolis, MD where I also serve as a Program Director.
I am a published author and have presented at national conferences. In addition, I am a proud professional member of the American Counseling Association (ACA). I am proficient at collaborating with primary care providers, psychiatrists, school officials, as well as other agencies in order to provide comprehensive care and support. By using evidence-based techniques, I seek to provide the highest quality care for my clients.
My primary therapeutic interventions are:
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT),
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Other complimentary interventions, including Mindfulness and Psychoeducation.
Areas of specialty
• Behavioral Disorders (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder – ODD, etc.)
• Anxiety Disorders (Generalized Anxiety Disorder – GAD, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder – OCD, Phobias, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD etc.)
• Mood Disorders (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD, Bipolar Disorders);
• Psychotic Disorders
• Family Conflict / Marital Problems